Pickles, olives, pepperoncini…anything that is a little spicy and has loads of vinegar…is a good time! I had a few jars of pepperoncini in my fridge and started to think of all the delicious things I could use them for. So for all you pepperoncini fans out there, here is a list. Please post a comment to add to my list:
– Veggie Sandwich (pepperoncini, cucumbers, cream cheese, whole wheat bread, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes and avocadoes).
– As a topping for pizza (pairs well with chicken and Monterey Jack cheese)
– Greek salads (+ all salads!)
– Antipasti platters
– Chopped into potato salads or pasta salads
– In chicken souvlaki gyros
– On an Italian hero sandwich
– On nachos (when you’re having a serious “fat” moment)
– Quick pasta dish (chopped: pepperonicni, tomatoes, garlic, kalamata olives and basil + some of your favorite pasta).
– Chopped up into a crab salad
– Stuffed with ricotta, bacon and fresh herbs as a mini appetizer with a kick.