Caitlin’s Full-Flavor Chicken Pot Pie
4C chicken broth
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp tarragon
3 dashes, siracha sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1T maple mustard
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
3 small shallots, chopped
2C red potatoes, chopped
2C carrots, sliced
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 sheets, puff pastry
1. Melt your butter in a large pot. Stir in the chicken broth and flour…whisking quickly to avoid lumps!
2. Add all of your spices and cook for 6 minutes until it thickens up slightly.
3. Add the hearty stuff: peas, shallots, potatoes, carrots and chicken. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes so the flavors get incorporated.
4. Put the chicken mixture into individual oven-proof dishes. Top with a square of puff pastry (cut to fit with some scissors).
5. Bake at 400*F for 25 minutes…serve to your family/loved ones and enjoy